- 9 am: Arrive at the village of San Roque De Cumbaza. We can send a motor taxi to pick you up from the airport or your hotel.
- Visit a local shop where we can stock up on water and snacks for a 45-minute walk to the home of Petrona.
- 9.30 am: Walk to the village of Chunchiwi, the path to the village is not sheltered from the sun so bring with you a good sun hat and protect your skin.
- 10.30 am: Start your ceramic class at the home of Petrona. Petrona is an excellent teacher for beginners, she is patient and kind.
- 12.00 pm: Walk back to the village - the way back to San Roque is all downhill, there are amazing views of the Cordillera Escalera, so bring your camera.
- 12.30 pm: Swim in the River Cumbaza to refresh and cool down before lunch.
- 2 pm: Lunch in the village - Chicken, beans, and rice is the traditional food in the village. If you would like Yucca Rellena ( yucca filled with vegetables or chicken) or have any special diet requirements please let us know when you book your tour.
- 3 pm: Tour of the village and we can buy local products, sacha inchi seeds, cacao (raw chocolate) and local coffee. There are many murals in the village painted by the artists of Sachaqa.
Included in the price: transport Tarapoto to San Roque and back, ceramic teacher, lunch in the village, Tour guide English speaking.
Not included in the price: Water - please bring your own water, there are shops in the villages which sell bottles of water, snacks and ice cream etc.
Price per person: 32USD