- 8.30 am: Arrive at the village of San Roque De Cumbaza. We can send a motor-taxi to pick you up from the airport or your hotel.
- 9.15 am: Drive in a 4 x 4 car, on a dirt road to the village of Aviación.
- 10.15 am: Welcoming drink.
- 10.30 am: One-hour hike to Maraysillo Waterfall, a magical waterfall and very unique.
- 11.30 am: Spend time relaxing by the waterfall, you can swim and jump in the water from the rocks.
- 12.30 pm: Walk back to the village.
- 1.30 pm: We will integrate into village life, lunch in the homes of the local people. There are three traditional dishes you can choose from; Inchicapi – a peanut type soup with chicken, and Cal De Gallina – chicken soup, or beans, rice, and egg. All food is collected from the local chacra/farms in the village.
- 2.30 pm: You can choose to walk back to San Roque, or drive back. The walk is a nice two-hour journey, downhill. The views and indigenous villages along the way are worth the extra effort.
- 4.30 pm: We can buy refreshments, snacks and ice cream in the local shop before journeying back to Tarapoto.
Included in the price: transport Tarapoto to San Roque and back, Transport to the village of Aviacion ( if you would like to drive back instead of walking this will cost extra,) welcoming drink and lunch in the village of Aviacion, entrance to the waterfall, Tour guide, and translator.
Not included in the price: Water - please bring your own water, there are shops in the villages which sell bottles of water, snacks and ice cream etc.
Price per person:
2 people minimum- 55 USD
3 people - 40USD
4 people - 35 USD
Photos; IG @leticia.ruth.borrego