Welcome to the village of San Roque De Cumbaza, make yourself at home in the lodging of your choice - Sachaqa Centro De Arte or Depura Selva Hostel.
Day 1 - Primary rainforest of Napo, visit an organic coffee farm, small waterfalls and swimming in the clear river springs of Anakiwi.
- 9 am: Arrive at the village of San Roque De Cumbaza. We will send a motor-taxi to pick you up from the airport or your hotel.
- Settle into your lodgings and visit the local shop where you can stock up on bottles of water and light snacks.
- 10.30 am: Hike to the primary rainforests of Napo - nature at its finest, abundant with birds and butterflies
- Time to swim and relax in the clear river springs of Anakiwi.
- We will eat on the Coffee farm of association Napo.
- 12.30 pm: Picnic lunch - Juane a rice dish wrapped in a leaf (chicken or vegetarian option) and vegetarian ceviche with coconut.
- 1.30 pm: Walk around the farm learn about coffee farming.
- 2 pm: Spend time at the Anakiwi waterfalls before walking back to San Roque.
- 3.30 pm: return to your lodge and get ready for your evening meal.
- 5 pm: walk into the village, quick tour of the many murals. We can buy refreshments and alcoholic drinks while we sit and watch the children play in the plaza.
- 6pm - a meal served in a local village restaurant. Some options are - traditional dish - Inchicapi soup made with peanut and chicken, Yucca Rellena - yucca filled with chicken or vegetables and fried-chicken, beans and rice.
Day 2 - Aviacion indigenous Kechwa village and waterfall Maraysillo
- 8.30 am: Breakfast in the village of San Roque De Cumbaza.
- Visit the local shop where you can stock up on bottles of water and light snacks.
- 9.15 am: Drive in a 4 x 4 car, on a dirt road to the village of Aviación.
- 10.15 am: Welcoming drink.
- 10.30 am: One-hour hike to Maraysillo Waterfall, a magical waterfall and very unique.
- 11.30 am: Spend time relaxing by the waterfall, you can swim and jump in the water from the rocks.
- 12.30 pm: Walk back to the village.
- 1.30 pm: We will integrate into village life, lunch in the homes of the local people. There are three traditional dishes you can choose from; Inchicapi – a peanut type soup with chicken, and Cal De Gallina – chicken soup, or beans, rice, and egg. All food is collected from the local chacra/farms in the village.
- 2.30 pm: You can choose to walk back to San Roque, or drive back. The walk is a nice two-hour journey, downhill. The views and indigenous villages along the way are worth the extra effort.
- 4.30 pm: We can buy refreshments, snacks and ice cream in the local shops.
- Back to your lodgings to get ready for a meal which you can eat at your accommodation kitchen.
Day 3: Spend time relaxing and swimming at Huacamaillo Waterfall
- 8.30 am: Breakfast in the village.
- 9am am: get your bags ready as they will meet you after the waterfall on the way back to Tarapoto.
- 10 am: Journey to San Antonio De Cumbaza.
- 10.30 am: Walk to waterfall Huacamaillo crossing over the river several times, please bring waterproof shoes.
- 12 pm: Arrive at the waterfall, time to relax in nature.
- 12.30 pm: Picnic lunch - Juane a traditional rice dish wrapped in a leaf (vegetarian option) Vegetarian ceviche - coconut dish.
- 2 pm: Walk back to San Antonio de Cumbaza.
- 3.30 pm: Option to speak with Don Alberto a local medicine man who is knowledgeable on the many medicinal plants growing in his garden (please let us know before you book if this is something you are interested in and we will arrange an appointment.)
- 4 pm: Journey back to Tarapoto
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!