Welcome to the village of San Roque De cumbaza, make yourself at home in your lodging of choice - Sachaqa Centro De Arte or Depura Selva Hostel.
Day 1: Learn to paint using pigments found in Amazonian rivers
- 9 am: Arrive at the village of San Roque De Cumbaza. We will send a motor-taxi to pick you up from the airport or your hotel.
- Settle into your lodgings and visit the local shop where you can stock up on bottles of water and light snacks. See the many murals painted by the artists of Sachaqa Centro De Arte.
- Swimming in the river and collect natural pigments and experiment drawing on the rocks.
- 12.30 pm: Lunch in the village. Chicken, beans, and rice is the traditional food in the village. If you would like Yucca Rellena ( yucca filled with vegetables or chicken) or have any special diet requirements please let us know when you book your tour.
- 1.30 pm: Short walk to Sachaqa Centro De Arte. Learn how to make the pigments into the paint. Trina Brammah - can teach you a few painting techniques to help you get the best out of these subtle colors.
- Free time
- 5 pm: Dinner in the village.
Day 2: Chumbe weaving or Ceramics in the indigenous village of Chunchiwi
- 9am: Breakfast in a local village restaurant.
- Visit a local shop where we can stock up on water and snacks for your hike.
- 9.30 am: Walk to the village of Chunchiwi, the path to the village is not sheltered from the sun so bring with you a good sun hat and protect your skin.
- 10.30 am: Start your ceramic class at the home of Petrona. Petrona is an excellent teacher for beginners, she is patient and kind.
- 12.00 pm: Walk back to the village - the way back to San Roque is all downhill, there are amazing views of the Cordillera Escalera, so bring your camera.
- 1 pm: Swim in the River Cumbaza to refresh and cool down before lunch.
- 2 pm: Lunch in the village - Chicken, beans, and rice is the traditional food in the village. If you would like Yucca Rellena ( yucca filled with vegetables or chicken) or have any special diet requirements please let us know when you book your tour.
- 3 pm: Tour of the village and we can buy local products, sacha inchi seeds, cacao (raw chocolate) and local coffee.
- Free Time
- 6 pm: Dinner in the village or in your lodgings - kitchen.
Day 3: Sculpture Trail and Añaquiwi clear river springs.
- 9am: Breakfast in a village restaurant.
- 9.30 am: Hike to Anakiwi clear river springs, hiking through beautiful forests abundant of birds and butterflies.
- 11 am: Relax by the clear river springs, swimming, and exploring.
- 12 pm: Hike to the viewpoints of the Cordillera Escalera.
- 1 pm: Picnic lunch - Juane a rice dish wrapped in a leaf (chicken or vegetarian option) and vegetarian ceviche with coconut. We will eat on the lookout point wooden shelter.
- 2 pm: Walking back to San Roque passing the sculptures of Sachaqa Centro De Arte.
- Free Time
- 4 pm: Journey back to Tarapoto.