Welcome to the village of San Roque De cumbaza, make yourself at home in your lodging of choice.
.Day 1: Learn to paint using pigments found in Amazonian rivers
- 9 am: Arrive at the village of San Roque De Cumbaza. We will send a motor-taxi to pick you up from the airport or your hotel.
- Settle into your lodgings.
- Swimming in the river Cumbaza, collecting natural pigments, experimenting with drawing on the rocks.
- Lunch in the village: Chicken, beans, and rice, Yucca Rellena ( yucca filled with vegetables or chicken) or have any special diet requirements please let us know when you book your tour.
- 1.30 pm: Short walk to Sachaqa Centro De Arte. Learn how to make the pigments into the paint. Trina Brammah - can teach you a few painting techniques.
- 2.30 pm: Trina Brammah talks about her work and her visionary journey.
- Free time
- 5 pm: Dinner in the village.
Day 2 - Trip to Wayku in Lamas learn how to make plant dyes with indigenous artisan Gemina.
There are two very different areas to explore in Lamas. At the top Lamas feels more like a quaint European town and actually houses a castle built by an Italian millionaire. Then a few minutes downhill you enter Wayku a large indigenous Kechwa community where we can find some really lovely crafts and souvenirs.
- 8.30 am: Breakfast
- 9 am: Journey to Lamas
- 10 am: Learn how to make plants, roots and seeds into dyes.
- 11.30 am: Walk around Wayku and visit the souvenir shops.
- 12 pm: lunch in Lamas town
- 1 pm: Tour around Lamas, if you would like to visit the castle there is an entrance fee.
- 2 pm: Organic local ice cream or coffee.
- 3 pm: the journey back to San Roque.
Day 3: Choice between 2-hour Hike to where Anakiwi River meets the River Cumbaza. We can find many soft clay pigments as Iron Dioxide is found there.
Añakiwi clear river, a magical place surrounded by friendly jungle forests, where we can see many exotic birds and beautiful Blue Morpho butterflies. The path is quite steep so you would have to be of a certain fitness to do this trail.
- 8 am: Breakfast
- 8.30 am: Walk 45-mins to the viewpoint where we can see views of Tarapoto city and the 'Cordillera Escalera- conservation area.
- Walk down towards the Añakiwi river where we have an adventurous walk crossing the river several times to reach the point where Añakiwi meets the river Cumbaza.
- 12 pm: Picnic lunch in nature and time to swim and relax by the river.
- Visit a rock face where we will find many colored earth pigments.
- Walk back to San roque de Cumbaza.