1 Day Trips
The village of San Roque De Cumbaza is a 45-minute drive from the city of Tarapoto. We can send a motor-taxi to pick you up from your hotel or the airport.
Walking and Ceramics to the indigenous village of Chunchiwi.
A unique opportunity to spend time in a local indigenous village, surrounded by views of the Cordillera Escalera conservation area.
- 1 -hour walk to the village of Chunchiwi from San Roque De Cumbaza.
- Visit the home of Petrona, learn how to make a ceramic pot with clay collected locally.
- Walk back to the village
- Swim in the river Cumbaza
- Lunch in the village.
- Journey back to Tarapoto.
Walking and Cultural Immersion experience to waterfall 'Lost Shoe' in Indigenous Kechwa village / San roque De Cumbaza.
An opportunity to spend time in a small Peruvian indigenous community, which has maintained ancient traditions.
- Begin your journey in the village of San Roque De Cumbaza
- 40-mins drive to the indigenous village.
- One hour walk to this magical waterfall with a local guide.
- Lunch in the village, local dishes prepared with foods collected from local farms.
- Choice of a 2-hour walk back to the village of San Roque De Cumbaza or drive - a lovely walk with amazing views.
Hiking Trip - to the point where Añaquiwi clear river springs meets with the River Cumbaza.
Hike to the clear river springs of Añakiwi, a magical place surrounded by friendly jungle forests, where we can see many exotic birds and beautiful Blue Morpho butterflies. The path is quite steep so you would have to be of a certain fitness to do this trail.
- Begin your walk at Sachaqa Centro De Arte where we can see artists at work in the studio.
- Walk 45-mins to the viewpoint where we can see views of Tarapoto city and the 'Cordillera Escalera- conservation area.
- Walk down towards the Añakiwi river where we have an adventurous walk crossing the river several times to reach the point where Añakiwi meets the river Cumbaza.
- Picnic lunch in nature and time to swim and relax by the river.
- Visit a rock face where we will find many colored earth pigments which Trina Brammah collects for painting (full course in natural pigments).
- Walk back to San roque de Cumbaza.